Which legislation faculty ought to you go to? That’s a wonderful issue. What are your objectives? For those people whose legislation college goals carry with them the end aim of functioning for just one of the top rated corporations in the nation and receiving one of the major-dollar salaries people companies are well-known for, then we have received some good information for you. A new position arrived out this week, and it might hold the critical to aspiring law students’ needs for their would-be prestigious professions.
GradReports has analyzed the law faculty alternative as opposed to vocation conundrum to recognize the top rated 10 educational facilities that spot the greatest share of graduates at the top 10 Biglaw companies (i.e., the highest-grossing regulation corporations on the Am Law 100).
So which regulation schools will enable graduates increase their investment with major work?
Right before we get to that, just take a appear at the exciting methodology GradReports utilized to arrive up with this legislation college position:
To identify which schools’ alumni obtain operate at the top regulation firms, we looked at two important resources of details. The initial was LinkedIn alumni knowledge, which we utilized to find employment results for alumni of 50 distinguished regulation faculties in the U.S. We limited our review to graduates from 2015 via 2021. In this article is a comprehensive list of the educational institutions we examined.
To discover the variety of graduates performing for the top rated 10 maximum-grossing regulation companies in the nation, we turned to the 2021 Am Legislation 100 rankings, which evaluates regulation firms by gross profits. The top 10 greatest-grossing corporations are:
- Kirkland & Ellis ($4.83 billion)
- Latham & Watkins ($4.33 billion)
- DLA Piper ($3.13 billion)
- Baker McKenzie ($2.9 billion)
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom ($2.66 billion)
- Sidley Austin ($2.46 billion)
- Morgan, Lewis, & Bockius ($2.45 billion)
- White & Situation ($2.39 billion)
- Hogan Lovells ($2.31 billion)
- Jones Working day ($2.22 billion)
This LinkedIn component strikes us as a bit suspect, but let us see exactly where it requires us. Below are the GradReports top law educational institutions for major regulation business employment:
- U. Chicago Regulation: 10.93% of alumni at top legislation corporations
- U. Virginia Law: 10.39% of alumni at prime law corporations
- Northwestern Regulation: 9.04% of alumni at leading law companies
- U. Michigan Legislation: 7.97% of alumni at top law firms
- Cornell Legislation: 7.86% of alumni at major regulation firms
- U. Pennsylvania Regulation: 7.85% of alumni at leading legislation firms
- Columbia Law: 7.48% of alumni at prime regulation firms
- U. Texas Regulation: 6.33% of alumni at top rated legislation companies
- Notre Dame Legislation: 6.12% of alumni at top regulation companies
- Duke Regulation: 6.06% of alumni at top rated legislation companies
Gasp! Where by are T14 legislation colleges Harvard, Yale, and Stanford? Not to stress, simply because they are located a small additional down the list.
Really don’t get discouraged if your regulation university did not make the reduce. Immediately after all, these are just the universities that are sending the most alumni (for every LinkedIn listings) to the top rated 10 Am Law companies. These schools — and many more — are positioning quite a few hundreds of alumni at plenty of other productive Am Regulation firms.
If your legislation faculty did make the record, then congratulations! Get out there and seize a person of these very wished-for Biglaw jobs while you can.
Staci Zaretsky is a senior editor at Above the Law, where she’s worked because 2011. She’d appreciate to listen to from you, so remember to sense free to electronic mail her with any recommendations, queries, remarks, or critiques. You can comply with her on Twitter or join with her on LinkedIn.